Monday, November 8, 2010

destiny.

"It's my destiny to heal people", remarked Xir as we walked along. We were on our way home from Trader Joe's, whence we'd sallied forth for milk and sunset-viewing. "But I have several destinies."
"Are these things you feel in your heart, or you just know, or someone told you?" I asked.
"I just know in my brain. It's my destiny to be a really, really good kung fu man. And it's my destiny to make art."
"Really? Wow, what kind?"
"All kinds of art are my destiny. And it's my destiny to love people. And I have one more destiny. Can you guess?"
"Ummmm...music?"
"Nope. It's my destiny to like dinosaurs and prehistoric beasts. But I've already done that one."

2 comments:

  1. Well-said, Shelayna! I love you guys and your destinies. I think those are my destinies too. Especially the love one.

    ReplyDelete